Today I’m going to write about Stacie’s loving and fun family. I first met them when Stacie invited me over for Sunday dinner. Stacie’s mom Darcia had fixed a great dinner and the family was welcoming and warm. When I decided I wanted to ask Stacie to marry me, I met with Stacie’s dad to formally ask his permission. It was a bit stressful as you can imagine, and I was anxious about it, but Jerry was friendly and kind and assured me that he was happy to have me as a son-in-law if she decided to say yes, which she thankfully did! We had lunch and he took the opportunity to tell me how much he loved Stacie and some great things about her that I didn’t know. He is always friendly to me and I’ve heard from a lot of people about the good things he’s said to them about his future son-in-law, and I’m excited to have him as a father-in-law. I visited Stacie at her office recently and her dad took some time out of his day to hit some old golf balls with me into the field by the office. He even gave some pointers, and that meant a lot to me. He didn’t even give me a hard time when I shanked a good portion of the balls I hit, well at least not too much of a hard time. Stacie works with her dad and she always talks about how much she loves working with him, how much she loves her dad, and how well he takes care of her. It seems like when she gets stressed out he’s taking her to breakfast or to hit a bucket of balls or go on a drive to talk. It makes me happy that she has such a great relationship with her dad.
Stacie’s mom Darcia has been great as well. She’s always been very welcoming , she’s a nurse so I can talk shop with her, and she has great sense of humor. She also sold Stacie her awesome Audi convertible which I even get to drive sometimes! She does an amazing job being a grandma and mom to her family, which I admire. I really enjoy seeing her interacting with her husband, children and grandchildren. They all love her and she takes care of them, including cooking some amazing Sunday dinners that we’re always invited to! She’s even sent home dinners with Stacie for me when I’m working and can’t make it. I went to Stacie’s nephew’s baptism recently where Darcia gave a talk. It was so sweet to see her teaching her grandchildren about the Holy Ghost—she spoke to them from the heart and the Spirit was strong. Stacie really loves her mom. I can tell she really cherishes the time she’s had to spend with her mom doing the wedding planning and shopping and she’s relied on her a lot for support and guidance. She and her mom have a great time joking around and complimenting each other, it’s fun to watch.
Stacie’s brothers and sisters have been great as well. They’ve been fun to get to know, and her brothers even tease me about the dents in my truck, a sign I’m part of the family. It’s been great to get to know them all, they’re always making me feel included and comfortable when I’m there, and I look forward to being part of they’re family—really I already feel like I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great in-laws are certainly a blessing! Her parents sound like great people!
This was really nice of you. Thanks for writing this. I think that your family is great as well. I LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment