Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Humor

Stacie has a phenomenal sense of humor. When I think of Stacie often its a picture of her laughing at something with a huge smile that makes me want to smile with her. Her beautiful eyes dance with joy and you can't help but be happy to be around her. When you're with her you can expect to laugh a lot as well. I could tell when I first met her that she had a great sense of humor, and we laughed a lot on our first date and I remember being delighted at her sense of humor. She likes to tease good-naturedly and we joked a lot about who was going to win at miniature golf. She also is very witty, and can quickly find something funny in any situation. For example, a few weeks ago when we made our date video she had us sliding down the kids slide but on the way down the camera guy got too close and she hit her head on the camera. She told me later that it hurt but she laughed about it with us, not wanting to miss the funny moment. Stacie doesn't miss the potential humor in situations--for example we went to get snow cones at our favorite stand today and we realized that we're becoming regular customers to the teenager who works there. Stacie joked that he was going to think I was bringing my homeless girlfriend since she had just played a soccer game (she actually looked spectacular by the way with an energetic glow from having just played that soccer game). She also likes to do funny things like jump up and down when shes excited or sing a fun song to bring a smile to peoples faces. When were at parties together she is definitely the life of the party, doing something funny or entertaining. Her family enjoys her humor too-this evening she called home to tell her mom that she had broken her leg at her soccer game, hoping to get a good reaction. Her brother answered, pretended to rekay the message, then told her that now all the nieces and nephews were crying. He was just kidding as well, which he told her after she got worried and told him to tell them it was a joke. I am definitely no as funny as Stacie, so I will hopefully absorb some of her great sense of humor over the years.

No comments: