Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thoughtfulness

Just a couple of days ago I visited Stacie at work (seemed like a great way to spend my time since I'm not working for a month until I start at the clinic) and it turns out that during lunch she was writing a poem to send to Janae along with a flower girl dress for the wedding. Even though she isn't able to come because of Camille being pregnant, Stacie wanted her to feel part of it somehow. She also plans on sending Tyler and Peter the orange ties that the other nephews are wearing. It seems like a great idea and I can imagine Janae's reaction when she gets that new dress. And its not something I would have ever thought of myself. I love how kind and thoughtful Stacie is. She always seems to think of an extra nice touch to make someone happy. She made sure we sent packages with valentines and some candy for all of my nieces and nephews. She planned a surprise party for her friends' birthday a few months ago, and it was a great success. She also cares for those she visit teaches-I know she has spent some time and energy pondering how to help some that struggle. She always takes care of me and has had something thoughtful and special for me for Christmas, Valentines and other holidays. In fact she blew me away when part of her Valentines gift to me was a decorated jar with 101 things she loves about me on slips of paper. I keep it on my desk and I love to pull out a few here and there to cheer me up. Often she'll even cheer up complete strangers as we're out running errands or on a date. She isnt shy about complimenting someone about their clothes or something, and it always seems to be something that means alot to that person. I love to see the resulting smile on their face and I tell Stacie "you just made their day," but she's modest about it and doesn't seem to think its a big deal. I also notice her doing that at church with her friends and acqaintances-she leaves a wake of more happy and cheerful people behind her it seems. I've also had the opportunity to give to people begging on the street, etc more often with Stacie. In fact one time she even felt like we should go back and find someone we had given a few dollars to and give him more, so we did. I love that she's so generous and always thinking of others and I hope some of that rubs off on me as we spend eternity together!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That's a GREAT idea to send Janae a dress, and Ty and Petey their ties. I would have never thought of that either. Hope your 4th was Happy!

Camille said...

I was touched when you called me the other day to tell me that you and Stacie were sending the kids the same tie and dresses, and just want thank you again!! They will LOVE it Stacie - thank you for being so thoughtful (btw, they also loved the valentines you sent in February!). Again, I wish we could be there, and my thoughts are with you both as you come up on your special day.

Stacie Marietti White said...

I feel kind of AWKWARD reading these blog posts. It is really thoughtful of you do this but I think this one might kind of resemble a TAMN post. :) I really could think of a million reasons why I love you Justin.