Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tenderness

I was going to write tonights post on Stacie's toughness, because she is really tough, but it felt better to write tenderness, so that'll be the topic for tonight. It probably goes along with her thoughtfulness, as the reason she does so many things for others is that she has a tender heart and wants to see others be happy. And she is tender with me in many special ways. Sometimes just out of the blue she'll look at me with those beautiful eyes and say "Justin, I just love you," and her eyes will be a bit misty and I'll wonder how I managed to be engaged to such a wonderful woman. Tonight she planned a surprise picnic for me with my family To celebrate me taking my board exams today. Its not like she didnt have enough to do with the wedding in a week, so it meant a lot to me that she wanted to help me celebrate this. When we're at her parents house and a niece or nephew skins knee, it seems thatt its Stacie they turn too to clean it up and put a bandaid on it. It makes me happy to see her so tenderly take care of them because I know it will be our kids someday feeling so cared for. I see the care and concern in her eyes and my heart just melts. In fact I just realized when I first met Stacie and had a staring contest with her, one of the many wonderful things I saw in her eyes was her tenderness.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Wish we could have celebrated at the picnic (what a fun idea!) with you guys!