Well today is two weeks from my wedding to Stacie Marietti, and I'm pretty excited. I haven't been much of a blogger, but at least for the next two weeks I'm going to be one. I plan on posting a thought about Stacie and why I love her so much each day until we're married. It really is an honor to be engaged to her and I want to share the amazing woman that she is with everyone. Yesterday we took her bridal pictures and did some advance pictures and video together at the temple with our photographer and videographer. So today I'm thinking about two things: how incredibly beautiful Stacie is, and her love of the temple. I saw her for the first time in her wedding dress yesterday and it blew me away. She is so gorgeous! Her eyes just sparkled, her dress was flowing and perfect, and I felt like the most blessed man alive! She had done her hair in these beautiful curls, had beautiful sparkling jewelry, and she just glowed. I just wanted to stare at her all evening. I'm not sure I can adequately describe how beautiful she looked. Let me tell you I was proud to be the man standing next to her on the temple grounds as people walked by.
Being at the temple reminded me of how Stacie has helped me come closer to and appreciate the temple more. She is often the one encouraging us to go to the temple together. Ward temple night is blocked off of her schedule. When we go I love to look over at her in her white clothing. Talking with her after the session is great because she always has some new insight she's gained while there, or has a thought-provoking question for us to ponder. I know the temple has been a big part of her life and a source of strength for her. That makes me feel good because I know staying close to the temple brings great blessings and I want that in my life, and know Stacie will help me have that much more than I would without her. She's been teaching the temple preparation sunday school class for a couple of years, which has given her some great insight into the temple. I love that she knows the key scriptures about the temple off the top of her head and refers to them often in our discussions. I look forward to a lifetime of worshipping in the temple with her, and learning from her while we're there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yea!!! A blog post! Thanks for posting Justin! I loved to read your thoughts about your upcoming marriage and about Stacie. I too am thankful for the temple - in fact I just blogged about a recent temple trip we went on! Mike and I often ponder together the things we learn about there. Sure love you - tell Stacie hi for me!! I can't wait to see pictures of her in her dress!
I love that Stacie can inspire you to blog :) Mom told me the funny story about you having to throw Stacie over your shoulder to get to the middle of a field. So funny! I can't WAIT to see these photos- I'm sure they're amazing. And we loved the announcement- beautiful! The countdown has begun in our house!
Post a Comment